Being a military family we move around a lot and in the process we have made some great friends. It is hard at times to keep in touch with people, but it is quick and easy to read a blog about how someone is doing, so I have decided to start this blog so that those who care about the Phillips family and what are doing can easily find out!
As of today... Larry is leaving next weekend to go to North Carolina for 7 weeks. He will miss Halloween, my 27th birthday, the Marine Corps Ball, and Thanksgiving. About three days after he gets back in December, we will be heading up to the great U.P. in Michigan for Christmas. We decided to go up this year because in January we are heading off to Hawaii for a 3 year tour. I am fairly certain this is the last time I will see many people for at least the next 3 years. Then once we are in Hawaii and get all settled in, Larry is scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan for 7 months... give or take a little of course. This is our life. This is what we do. We come, we go, we stay, we leave, and on and on it goes.
Leaving Pensacola will not be near as gut renching as leaving San Diego was. I am excited to move to Hawaii and experience new things. Plus SD is only a short plane ride!!! We have made a few friends that I will miss a lot.
We have a busy weekend planned. I am hanging out with Genny tonight for a girls smores/movie night, then tomorrow Larry, the kids, and I are going to the fair with our friends Jen & Ed and their kids, then Sunday I am hanging out with Jen for a girls afternoon of pedis and shopping. Love Genny & Love Jen. They are really great friends and both have come into my life at exactly the right moments.
Speaking of Genny, she is going to the Marine Corps Ball with me this year since Larry will be gone. It is going to be a blast. We both have kickin dresses and we are going out afterward with Jen & Ed & the rest of the gang. Soooo freaking excited for that.
But before the ball gets here we have Halloween which will be fun & fantastic as always. Victoria is going to be Sleeping Beauty, Temperance is going to be the cutest little lion you have ever seen and I am going to be The Queen of Hearts!!! YEAH!
So yeah... that's that. Welcome to my crazy world.
No comments:
Post a Comment