The Phillips'

The Phillips'
Love

Monday, October 27, 2008

New News & Sad News

So a few years ago (like back in 05) I started a BLOG/Journal on livejournal. I thought that I would post a link to it. The reason I am stopping that one and starting this one is that I am going to use the livejournal account as my own personal journal and this one as the "this is what is going on in all our lives" one. It might seem silly to have two, but writing privately in the livejournal one will help me to cope with all the craziness currently in my life. So here it is though if you ever wanted to know what we were doing all the way back to before Larry came home from the war the second time... http://treegoddesslp.livejournal.com/

I found out over the weekend that one of my very good friends out in Cali has breast cancer. I have never thought much about breast cancer because I have never been personally affected by it. My friend, Ayaunna is a wonderful person and I love her dearly. She has a little girl named Jasmine. When we were in Cali we used to go camping with them all the time. We even went to Arizona for Thanksgiving at Ayaunna's Grandmother's house one year. We truly love her and we hope that she will have a speedy recover.

Larry left on Sunday afternoon. He stopped in Savannah for the night. He will arrive in North Carolina today. Victoria and I made a paper chain and each day when she gets home from school we will cut one of the links off until he gets back home. It's 58 chains long! It looks huge. I hung it up in our hallway.

Victoria called him before she left for school today. She loves riding the bus. It was a little chilly this morning (60) so I had to bundle Temperance up for the walk to the bus stop. None of her little hats fit her anymore because her head is too big. She is too cute. I could just eat her up. Victoria is the best big sister. She gets really upset if Temperance falls asleep before she gets to hold her at night. Both girls go to sleep around 7:45 - 8:00 and on the weekend Victoria gets up around 7 and Temperance will get up around 7:30 - 8:00. I love that they are both on the same schedule.

This Friday is Halloween. I still have to get Victoria's costume. Tonight Victoria has her ceremony for induction into Girl Scouts. She is pretty excited. I will post pictures tomorrow b/c last night I ACTUALLY found the stupid cord to get the photos off of the camera (it only took me two months...). :) That's it from the Phillips' for now.

No comments: