The Phillips'

The Phillips'
Love

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Word

After posting the blog about friendship I had some doubts. Wondering if I would offend people or if I was even on the right track. I had to leave work early today in order to take our cat Pumpkin to get her shots so we can get her fixed eventually.

As I started my car and the radio turned on, I realized it was still on the Joel Osteen XM channel from this morning. Immediately Joel says, "There are some relationships you just outgrow". Immediately I am listening, going um... what's that you say Joel?

While driving home and listening to the broadcast, I realize the message is about letting go of toxic relationships and allowing room for new, better ones to grow. The season of one relationship can end and in its place a new one will bloom to help you become the you God wants you to be. Um... wow.

So as that message ends and we pray, I am still driving home and some smaller segments come on and I am letting my mind run thinking about the job I just applied for last Thursday. I'm not sure it's the right position for me and I am not certain I am qualified to do the job. The next Joel Osteen message starts and it's titled "Just Do It". So I listen.

I listen to that broadcast and it magically ends right as I pull into the driveway. Bottom line of the message is to do what God is asking you to do even though it might be uncomfortable and even though you might not think you can. Joel even says in the message to apply for the job you think you don't have enough skill for if God is leading you there He will provide the knowledge you need for the way forward.

I don't know about you, but I think maybe I was immersed in The Word of God today driving home and maybe it was just the messages I needed to hear. :)