I realize the revival of the blog has been an epic fail. Hopefully I can rectify that, but if not... well I guess you will get what you get.
I've been thinking a lot about friendship lately. Larry & I move every few years and we have made some really great friends along the way, but we have lost touch with a few also. This really got me thinking when Temperance was talking about hoping to go to college someday with her bff from school. I gently reminded her that odds are that she will move from KG and not see that little girl again. She looked at me like I was insane and said, "I know" and then continued talking about how they were going to the same college.
I get that some people start off as friends and are able to always stay that, but I do think the reality is that we grow and change and sometimes in our growing we outgrow some friendships and grow into new ones.
There are also the friendships where you can go months without talking and then pick it back up like you never left off. Those are my favorites and I have a lot of those.
In the end, Larry really is my ultimate best friend. I tell him everything. He's the first person I want to tell important, awesome, sad, and seriously any kind of news and I don't think that's a bad thing either. Like if I sneeze and pee my pants, OMG I'm running to tell that guy! :) I still have my girl friends that I can go to when needed, but I'm really not a "let me sob on your shoulder" type of person. I'm more of a "let's hang out and have some fun" type of person.
I guess in the end, I'm not really sure where I was going with this post... other than... here's to all the old friends, the friends we've made along the way, and the new friends yet to come. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment